“The new S-Class is more than just the sum of breathtaking technical innovations. It is the embodiment of automotive excellence at Mercedes-Benz.”
All started from name in 1950 when Mercedes-Benz introduce in their protofolio the concept of flagship and in 1972 the name “Sonderklasse” whici will represent the most successful limousine from luxury class.Since then we were not disappointed.
This year they came to us with another surprise…a big one ! A car that represent a culmination of all the research efforts. This car shoul be above the competition, above Audi A8, BMW 7 Series or even Rolls-Royce and Bentley.And i bet it is !
So what’s new? Here are some of the newest technologies:
1. Intelligent drive – all-round protection with Active Blind Spot Assist and Active Lane Keeping Assist
2. Magic Body Control – a road surface scan, a world first, which effectively turns suspension into magic body control at speeds up to 123 km/h. Road surface scan uses stereo camera to monitor and analyze the road ahead. In split seconds the suspension is prepared for the impending situation in order to significantly reduce any structural movement.
3. Seat belt airbag
4. Distronic Plus with Steering Assist -the new steer assist helps the driver by keeping the vehicle in the center of the lane at sppeds up to 200 km/h, the stereo camere identifies the lanes and passes this signal to the electric steering. The system is designed to be so sensitive that the sensors can detect if the drivers hands are on the steering wheel, if they are not it issues a warning.
5. Night View Assist Plus- infrared camera which warns the driver of pedestrians and animals on the road.
6. PRE-Safe Brake with Pedestrian Recognition- pre-safe is a comprehensive protection system from Mercedes-Benz. The supplemental brake assist plus and the pre-safe brake help to prevent or reduce the severity of accidents.The stereo camera and a system of long,medium and short range radar monitor the area in front of the vehicle.The information is combined and processed in the control unit to provide early recognition of road users in the lane analysed.At the same time they calculate if there is a risc of collision.If such a risc is identified, the system can provide visual or audio warnings at first. If the driver brakes, brake assist plus ensure that the optimum brake pressure is applied, if not, the car will brake by it self.
The new Mercedes Benz basic model can be bought with 95,000 dollars.
“Inarguably the most technologically advanced car ever built, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class presents something of an enigma as to how we define “the best.””